If you’re looking to buy and sell homes for a profit, you better know what you’re doing. According Zillow.com, DC home prices have gone up to 10.9% over the past year, and predictions are pointing at a 4% increase come next year. Currently, the median price is at $473 per square foot.
Flipping houses has become a way of living for some, and if you’re looking to join the party, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Read up! You’re going to need books/magazines about home remodeling/maintenance.
- Consult professionals for some advice.
- Check for remodeling project show or fair near you. You can attend those to get some ideas.
Once you’ve acquired a property to work on, depending on the condition, then you can proceed to the following steps:
- Replace windows and exterior doors if need be.
- Repair any holes or damage on the roof
- Fix any cracks or holes in the ceiling
- Replace bathroom fixtures.
- Replace kitchen appliances.
- Make sure to update all electrical wirings adhering to the National Electric Code.
- Repair the cracks and ruts in the driveway.
Once you’ve done all the necessary repairs and reinforcement, you can then begin with actual remodeling and restyling; time to work on those interiors.
You can choose new paint colors for the walls and ceilings, get new flooring to replace the worn out floorboards, or get new furnishings to go with your newly bought knickknacks or other decorative pieces. To add appeal to your windows, get some blinds in Washington DC to match the new decors.
Finally, if you’re looking for top quality custom blinds in DC to complement the overall look, you can contact a professional like Beltway Blinds to help you choose colors and proper installation.
Make a living through flipping homes through following these tips. And don’t forget about those window treatments! For more information on how installing blinds can help you finish your home remodeling project, contact Beltway Blinds today.