Are you trying to choose window treatments for a room with limited space? Make it more comfortable by creating the illusion of space with the right window treatments. Beltway Blinds, a provider of quality window treatments in Washington, DC, offers some helpful tips to help you achieve this goal.
- Pick window treatments in the same shade as your walls. Draperies in a shade similar to your interior walls will avoid contrast within the room, making for a seamless look that is pleasing to the eye.
- Opt for floor-length curtains. Choosing ceiling-to-floor window coverings will make a low ceiling appear taller. Pick flowing drapes that incorporate vertical patterns to further enhance this effect.
- Choose neutrals or cool colors for your coverings. These hues may significantly soften the look of a room and give it a more relaxing ambiance. Your choice of color scheme, however, must complement the overall interior design. For your window treatments, pick a color that is a shade or two lighter than your walls.
- Consider sheer curtains. Natural light brightens up any space and is an important contributing factor to the overall mood of your home. You may want to combine sheer curtains with thick window treatments, such as prominent Roman pleated shades, to benefit from controlled light and privacy.
- Pick the right material for a room. Easy-to-clean wood blinds work well in the kitchen. Waterproof faux wood blinds are great options for the bathroom, while opaque blinds best suit the bedroom.
Your Washington, DC, window treatments – whether plain, piped or pleated – can enhance your interior dramatically. Apart from providing privacy and control over light, they help conceal flaws while accentuating the style of your home. Enjoy a bigger and brighter home this year with the right window treatments. Let Beltway Blinds help you! We provide many different types of window coverings, including blinds, shades and plantation shutters.
Contact us today at (301) 982-5463 to request a free in-home consultation. Our dedicated staff will be glad to help you transform your home into a more comfortable living space.