Window treatments are an important feature of any home or building. They not only filter light but also serve as an eye-catching detail that can improve interior design. Here are five window treatment ideas that many Beltway Blinds customers loved last year, and that still promise to be en pointe this year.
- Floor-length draperies. Curtains that extend onto the floor by a few inches are currently the most stylish. Unlike draperies that fall short in length, they create a look that is tailored yet not too formal.
- Roman shades. This classic window treatment softens the look of any type of window. It is also available in a variety of fabrics and folds, including hobbled, plain fold and flat fold. We can also design Roman shades in a vertical format.
- Plantation shutters. Sturdy plantation shutters are more energy-efficient than other window covering options. They are available in a range of wood materials, making them a versatile choice for window treatments in Baltimore as they can be stained or painted to match different interiors.
- Combined coverings. Using a combination of drapes and shades is a common choice among many homeowners. Selecting two different fabric materials with complementing or contrasting patterns or hues has been popular as well.
- Motorized treatments. Convenience is a must for many homeowners. Motorized window treatments are gaining more popularity because of their ease of operation. With a remote to control shades and shutters, you can benefit from the beauty of the outdoors or enjoy privacy in an instant. You can even set them for automatic operation.
These are some of the treatments we loved last year, and we know you’ll benefit from installing these treatments in your home in 2015 and beyond. Consult the experts at Beltway Blinds for the widest selection of window treatments Baltimore residents love. Just give us a call at (301) 982-5463 or fill out our contact form to request a design consultation.